Monday, June 7, 2010

Lauren Here

While waiting for a phone call that my husband was coming home, I joked with Julia that I was an "on-call" wife. And now the wait is over! I can't believe he's finally home. The entire time I've known my husband we have been on a time crunch of sorts. I met him less than a month after he finished his first tour in Iraq, and our 2 years together was like a count down to tour number 2. And then it was a count down to when he'd come home on leave, and then it was a count down to when he was coming home! And now... no more count downs. Can I function under this no pressure life? Haha.

It's definitely been a journey. I'm so glad that I became friends with Julia. I just wish we'd met sooner! It was amazing how our paths crossed, we have soooo much in common (stuff you guys will never even realize!). I'm glad she's been there for me and I'm glad I could be there for her too.

To tell you the truth, I'm a little nervous to start this chapter of my life! It's actual LIFE. There shouldn't be any more goodbyes for a while now, but you never know when it comes to the Army! Things have been good so far. Lance hasn't been hogging the bed like he did before = ) The cat has been on her best behavior, which is AMAZING. She is a little terror. Julia doesn't even believe she is a cat. But she kept me company while Lance was away.

1 comment:

  1. Well here I sit in tears. Those dreaded deployment tears that make you cry at the drop of a hat. Your friendship means so much to me Lauren. I wish we had met sooner also. We have walked through our junior year of college together, and advocated for what we feel is right. All while our husbands were fighting for our country. I admire your maturity at such a young age. I have to remind myself sometimes that you are only a few months older than my own son.

    I know that this next chapter of your life is going to be wonderful. You and Lance have so much to catch up on, but remember you don't have to do it all in one weekend!

    We started this blog to dispel the myths that surround military spouses. We have shared a lot in the past few months. I am grateful for the opportunity to get to know you. When we were reading all the negative comments left on so many news sites it made us angry, and hurt our feelings. I am glad we were able to take that anger, and tell our story. All the things that news left out, and the country assumed.

    When we toured JBLM with our practice group the PAO Joe said something that I will always remember. How military families know military families. How the older wives take the younger ones under their wings. I hope that I have been able to show you that military life can be a good one. I may not always show it, but I am a very happy military spouse. It is a hard life, but I would not have changed our lives for anything. Meeting you is one of them.

    Life has great things in store for us all. Now as soon as my husband gets his butt home we can all get together, and introduce our husbands!

    God Bless our Military, and their Families!!!!

    ReplyDelete

About Me

Lauren and Julia are Army spouses. Julia was able to apply for and use the MyCAA grant, and Lauren was too late to sign up. We have done several interviews on television, and in the newspapers. Many Americans wrote very negative responses to our interviews. Many were about how military spouses did not deserve this program. The comments that were left angered us, and this blog is our response to their comments, and what the interviews left out of the story.