Wednesday, May 26, 2010

Lauren Here

The first thought that came to mind was, "What a day." After thinking a moment, I realized that it's only 2:00, and I really haven't done much today. I've been at home in my pajamas writing a paper that is due in about a day and half. I'm almost to the half way point and have six pages of hand written work. I've also been doing laundry, folding and, gasp, putting it away for once. I did manage to get myself presentable (hair, make up, bra) to run across the street and get coffee. So quickly, my thought went from, "What a day," to, "What a life." Time seems to fly, and I can't believe that my year of Lance's deployment is almost up.

My past year (almost, a bit less, he'll be home early!) seems to have been a drone of some sleepless nights, work outs, laundry, dishes, homework and problems! Haha. What a life indeed. This whole time I've just been waiting for my husband to come home so I can have my life back. It's no fun dealing with all of these every day things on your own. I have a laundry list of "problems," things that have gone wrong over Lance's deployment - car stolen, truck broken into, truck egged, lady backed into truck, and now, one of my headlights is out in my car. It seems like such a small thing! Thankfully, I don't drive at night a lot seeing as Julia is my ride to school = ) and I also have both a dad and brother near by to help me with the headlight. But like Julia's blinds breaking, it's just one of those things.

Thinking about finances and paying for school is just another thing on top of the pile. I am not a big planner. I tend to wait until last minute on things, but I'm learning, and hopefully changing! This school year has almost past, just one year left. $11,000 in school loans, not so bad in the grand scheme of things.

I can't seem to focus on very much with the thought of my husband coming home. You should see my to do list! It's crazy. I have a school to do list on the left side of the paper and a cleaning to do list on the right side that's twice as long! Not to mention the grocery list floating in my head. And what to wear, what to wear? I'm also really excited to actually SEE him and BE with him again, but it's so hard to wrap my head around. Sadly, it seems easier to think about all the tasks leading up to it. I can't help but guard myself against the emotions of him returning home. Grande vanilla Americano with cream, you keep me calm, thank you.
The Daunting To Do List


The Coffee & the Cat that keep me calm!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

About Me

Lauren and Julia are Army spouses. Julia was able to apply for and use the MyCAA grant, and Lauren was too late to sign up. We have done several interviews on television, and in the newspapers. Many Americans wrote very negative responses to our interviews. Many were about how military spouses did not deserve this program. The comments that were left angered us, and this blog is our response to their comments, and what the interviews left out of the story.